KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:13 PM

FO McCall's 6797 Easy Knit Top



So I just can't seem to get it together with blogging these days. I have been on and off with my sewing, but regardless of which, I am off on the blogging end of things. I miss blogging and reading all of my sewing, knitting, and even hair and food blogs. Life happens and we miss out on some of the previous staples of life.

I turn 40 on Pearl Harbor day. I am motivated to take time for me with both my health and hobbies. For the next 18 days, I hope to develop a habit of re-incorporating these things back into my life. I don't want to enter my forties merely focused on work or other obligations. We will see how it goes....

My latest FO is another McCall's 6797 top. I previously made this one last year after returning from my first trip to Australia. It is comfy and versatile, but the casual fabric I chose has not called for the amount of wear I had hoped it would. Here is a dressed up version that is fun and unique. I received many compliments throughout the day albeit I also had a lot of questions about what disco I would be venturing off to, as well. LOL


I cut the size large. It's a bit roomy at the neck, but perfect everywhere else - probably due to the low stretch the knit fabric has in it.  I do believe I may make this again, but not for a little while. I have many patterns to tear into during this last bit of my thirties.

10 comments:

Tee said...

Your top is beautiful! A friend made this and now I know I want to make it as well!

Monica D said...

It looks good on you!!! Enjoy your 40 BD when it arrives��

Michelle said...

Great looking top! I just turned 40 myself--it was so much less stressful (as in, not stressful at all) compared to turning 30. You're right to focus on yourself now.

Candice said...

Beautiful top, it looks great on you! Glad to see you back in blogland again...

Unknown said...

Cute!

Myra said...

Very pretty top! I understand what you mean about life gets in the way, we all have spurts between blogging and reading others blogs because life happens! Don't be so hard on yourself we're all having to deal with that as well. Great to have you back!

Nik said...

I've made this one, although I made the view where there is no sleeve. I LOVE the "drama sleeve" and kept singing Diana Ross 1970s music when I first tried it on. I think I like the view you made and will get around to making it for the cooler weather.

It's Melanie Darling said...

I've made this top several times. It looks lovely on you.

Mikhaela Reid said...

It's gorgeous and flowy and just lovely! Nice to see you blogging again.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Gorgeous pattern making, fabric and exquisite work. Looking forward to making my own!