KNITTERS-DELIGHT



9:55 AM

FO Myrtle by Colette Patterns


I have been sewing more these days, but still have not been blogging. This dress is too cute not to post, however! I snagged Myrtle by Colette Patterns during their recent online sneak peak preview sale. While I really do like the hard copies of their patterns, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one to work on immediately.


This is a fast project that I did in a few hours over two nights. The lined bodice gives the cowl neck a great drape and the elastic waistline is encased in fabric giving a clean finish on the inside. I am going to the National City Swap Meet tomorrow with a friend, so I plan to grab some woven fabric to make another version. I also have the Moneta dress pattern and the Mabel skirt. I have plans to use stretch leather for part of the skirt if I can ever find it in my stash.....


2 comments:

Lori said...

Your dress is beautiful. Thanks for the review, I just taped this pattern together and making the first one in woven for my daughter.

Heavy Metal Knits said...

Love your dress! This would be beautiful on a warm summer night. For some reason, the blues remind me of that.
Glad you shared!